If you are considering joining the Benmar team, please fill out the following form and upload your resume. We provide competitive pay, health insurance and a 401K retirement plan with contributions after a waiting period.
Currently, we are actively seeking an HVAC Assistant Estimator. View job description.
HVAC Assistant Estimator
Benmar Conditionaire Corp. is a commercial Air Conditioning company in Northern NJ. We are a full-service company with a sheet metal fabrication shop, installation crew which includes pipe fitters along with a service department. Benmar is well established and has been in business since 1947.
We are currently looking for an HVAC Assistant Estimator to join our team.
****This is not a remote position. Candidate must reside in the NJ/NY Metro area****
- Review mechanical specifications and drawings of commercial projects
- Do sheet metal and piping take-offs for Estimating Team
- Contact vendors for quotes and go over scope review with them
- Review and aid in compilation of quotes with Estimating Team
- Keep data base of vendor contacts up to date
- Keep Pre-construction documents up to date
- Attend walk-thru meetings
- Assist Project Managers with questions on the project
- A minimum of 2-5 years experience
- Knowledge of HVAC systems: equipment and material
- Produce timely, accurate and competitive estimates
- Proficiency in TRIMBLE Estimating software
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to read mechanical plans and specifications
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills